- Exfoliate your face and body. And don’t forget your lips. Dry lips are hard to fix in photos!
- Moisturize your face and body. A LOT. Dry patches are hard to hide, while moisturized skin will glow and look gorgeous.
- Hydrate! Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day – soda, coffee and tea don’t count!
- Staying hydrated will decrease the appearance of dark circles and under eye bags, as well as fine lines and wrinkles; it will help brighten skin, clear your complexion, and decrease bloating.
- Avoid salty, fried, and sugary foods as they increase bloating
- Practice. Stand in front of a mirror and practice posing.
- Practice facial expressions. Check out some videos on YouTube if you need some ideas.
Daily Prior to
- Don’t get a haircut or try a new color. If things going wrong, you likely won’t have time to get it fixed
- Don’t try any new skin care products or makeup. If you have a negative reaction or a breakout it probably won’t clear up in time
- Don’t tan or use self-tanners. Sunburns, weird lines, and blotchiness are all difficult to correct. And a tan that’s too dark will make your face look dull and fuller
- Wax and/or tweeze brows, upper lip, etc
- Get a professional manicure & pedicure or do them yourself
- Polish fingernails & toenails. Avoid bright or unusual colors. Clear polish is fine
- Pick out, and try on, any outfits that you will be bringing to your shoot.
- Pick out any shoes you’ll be bringing – high heels are a must! – and be sure they are clean and free of any damage or stains
- Get 8 hours of sleep
2-3 Days Prior to Your Session
- Avoid alcohol, salty foods, and drink plenty of water to reduce puffiness
- Clean any jewelry that you will be wearing for your shoot
- Make sure your outfits are ready to go: Clean, ironed (if needed) and on hangers.
- Avoid wearing any tight outfits and/or constricting garments that will leave any marks on your skin.
The Day Before Your Shoot
- Shave your legs & underarms. To get the closest shave possible, use hot water and allow plenty of time for the hair to soften – this is when a bath is great! Also be generous with the lather. Take your time to avoid nicks and cuts.
- If you are doing a Boudoir Shoot, follow the directions above to shave the bikini area and take even more time to avoid cuts and/or a shaving rash
- If you have an abundance of hair on your arms, or the hair is dark, you may want to consider shaving your arms as well.
- Get plenty of sleep and do not drink alcohol. Retouching can take care of many things, but puffy eyes aren’t one of them.
The Night Before Your Shoot
- Wear something loose and comfortable to the shoot. This will insure that you won’t have any red lines or marks on your skin
- Eat. Nothing heavy or greasy, but enough to fill you up and keep you going
- Remember to bring clothing, shoes, accessories, etc., if applicable
- Wash your hair and come to your shoot with it wet
- Apply moisturizer to your body and face
- Bring your foundation with you
- Before you step through our door, make two important decisions:
- You are going to have a fun and exciting day, and;
- You will leave everything else in your life outside.
(Trust us. It’ll still be there when you leave!)
- It’s okay to feel nervous. It’s normal. And actually, it’s a good thing! When you break through your comfort zones and overcome those nerves you’ll feel a great sense of accomplishment!
- Insecurities. We all have them. We understand and we will work through it with you. We will encourage you to open up and express that side of yourself that few people ever see. As you become more comfortable with us, you will find your insecurities fading away and you’ll realize that you’re actually having fun!
- Your photos are a team effort. If you have an idea or something you’d like to try, tell us about it! We want you to feel free to use your imagination and join in on the creative vision for your shoot.
- We want your shoot to be empowering for you and a confidence booster. We will never push you or ask you to do anything that you are not comfortable with. Ever.
- Relax, breathe, and have fun! Let your personality come out.
You’ll be rewarded with amazing images that show how beautiful you truly are!